Kneed in thigh - charlie horse, feels like a bump, hurts. What is it ?

Hi. I got kneed in my thigh 2 Sunday s ago - Charlie horse. It still hurts. Underneath the surface of my thigh I can feel a 4 inch long bump Maybe something hard, but like a bump. My thought is to let it heal on its own. It seems a little abnormal. In the past I had gotten over a charliehorse in a day or so. I am 32 years old. Age may have something to do with it. Do you know what it can be? How can I speed up the healing process? Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Hello and thanks for writing in at HCM
I want to know detailed history before going to the diagnosis;
1. Have you any fever since the incident?
2. Is the local area temperature at the site raised?
3. Have you any problem in walking or weight wearing?
4. Any deformity?
5. Pain increasing or decreasing or no pain?
Kindly answer so that i can give you a clear answer.
In short if you have no fever that do hot fermentation, bear crepe bandage at the site and take anti-inflammatory drugs. Try to take rest as much as you can.
Best Wishes