Knee shift medially, no pain, using material knee brace. Is it safe to travel or have surgery?

Thursday night I felt my right knee shift medially. Although this isn t really painful, I have been feeling my knee shiting the same way, even though I have bought a material knee brace. Is this an emergency?? Am I hurting it more every time I do it?? Do I need a special brace? My husband and I are planning a trip to Maui leaving July 2nd?? Do you think I will have to cancel it?? Is this something I can heal without surgery? I realize that you cannot firmly say what it is. Just wondered expecially if It OK to wait til monday?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012