Knee problem, couldnt walk after a week, ligament pain, rash on the knee cap. Heat and ice treatment is on. Advise?

march 3 rd 2012 out of the blue couldn t put pressure on leg knee went out no knee twisting or nothing i just couldn t walk on it wk later better, then next wk it acted up again could walk on it but pain most of pain is gone except ligament area only when i m walking bareable pain now i have blotchy on knee cap area doing heat and ice what is the rash from if data is right my knee has until may 1st for healing
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012