Knee pops, painful, unable to walk. What is going on?

My knee keeps popping on the right side every time I walk and hurts really bad. I have kept it up for 2 days, putting ice on it. After keeping it up with ice on it, I can walk around for a minute or two fine, then it pops and hurts again really bad. I didn't fall, just working around the house and knee started hurting bad. It is hard to walk.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
The frequent knee pops that you are having is likely to be due to osteoarthritic changes in the knee joints. Regular physiotherapy exercises and joint lubricant supplements will help in a long term improvement.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,