Knee pops on walking, jumping, gets locked frequently, no pain. Should I be concerned?

My right knee pops every time a jump and almost every step I take walking upstairs but it does not hurt when it pops. It also locks up quite a bit while I am sitting down or driving with my legs just slightly bent. I don t usually have any pain but it will ache sometimes when it s cold outside or I did some sort of jumping exercise or running up hill. I am a 20 year old female and played sports in high school but as far as I know I have never injured my knee, although I did sprain that same ankle pretty bad a few years ago. My parents and brothers are trying to get me to go to a doctor thinking it s the meniscus but since I do not have pain in my knee very often I don t know if I should really be concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013