Knee popping, right acl torn, meniscus damaged. Could you please provide details of surgery?

Dear doctors, My right knee was popping, giving away on me, etc. I went to see a doctor last December. I had a MRI last December and found out that my right acl is completely torn and my meniscus might have been damaged. I was asked to have acl reconstruction surgery, and either menisectomy or meniscus repair surgery. The doctor told me that I would have at least 6 incisions around my knee. I also did some research, and many patients who had the surgery done recommended to build muscle around knee before surgery. I would like to know more details about the surgery. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013