Knee popped while standing from squatting position. Have pain. Should I get brace?

About a week ago, I heard a pop in my left knee when I was standing up from squatting down. I'm a photographer and do spend a fair amount of time in odd positions. Since then, it hurts mildly and occasionally on the right side of the knee cap. Just a short burst of pain when I stand up from squatting. Doesn't hurt at all otherwise. But, it does feel a bit like my knee is going to collapse when I feel it-like the feeling you get if someone pushes in your knee from the back. Should I get a brace to let it heal?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013