Knee popped, able to walk and straighten the leg

I was sitting down in a chair yesterday. When I got up, my knee popped very loudly, and I am still unable to straighten it completely after about 24 hours. It has popped and felt like this before, but generally I am able to walk it out and straighten it after a few minutes. Possible causes? And what should I do to help this?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012
Welcoem to HCM!

After going through your question I can tell from my experince that you have a lock knee. you have had these episodes before but this time it is not getting better itself (which is the usual presentation) . it can be painful and there can be difficulty in bearing weight.

I would sincerely advice you to visit an orthopedician as it can cause further injury to your knee.

from my clinical experince I can say that you should get an X ray knee joint and may be an MRI to checks the status of knee joint.
A pain killer and anti inflammatory drug like, aceclofenac can help you till you see a doctor.
Hope you get well soon!
feel free to ask more queries.