Knee pain when standing up and in cold weather. Cracking sound when flexing knee. Medication?

Hi , My mom is 62 and have recently been complaining pain in both her knees . The pain is worse when she is trying to stand up or when the weather is cold . I live in Canada and my mom is in Africa. Can any one advice me what kind of medication I can send her as there is almost no Orthopaedic Surgeon where she lives. Other Symptoms she has is a cracking sound as her knee is flexed or extended. Thank you ! Thank you !
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012