Knee pain when jumping. Had knee surgery for broken knee cap

I was playing hockey back in the latter part of December of 2011, slid into the wall going full speed and the first thing to hit was my right knee . I was concerned because a while back I had knee surgery on the same knee, doing the same thing, just playing a different sport. Then it broke my knee cap and the surgery was to take a little peice of it out. It s been healthy ever since. The pain in my knee right now is right in middle upper part of my knee cap. It hurts more when I do high impact things like jumping or sprinting. I love sports, and that is a big part of sports. When it was injured, I took anti imflamatory for quite some time, and rested on it. I can still run and jump and play, but it s just sensitive and isn t at full potential.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012