Knee pain, unable to bend, advised knee replacement surgery. Any other treatment?

Hi doctor, I am 60 years old and I have severe pain in my left knee and it is not letting me to bend. So I went to one doctor and he advised me to take an x ray. After the x ray the doctor told me that the knees were completely gone and he advised me to go for knee replacement surgery. Now, is there is any treatment for my knee without any surgery? Please reply me and I am waiting for the reply. Thanking you, Subbarao ravella
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012