Knee pain that radiates down the ankle, foot. X-ray normal. Causes ?

Hi, I am a 39 year old male. I ve had pretty painful behind the knee pain that radiates down the outside of my calf and goes into my ankle and foot . It s only in one leg. There was no notable injury or incident. It s hurt for 1 month. Had an x-ray and nothing is broken. No redness or swelling. No lumps . Leg appears normal. Pain varies in intensity from day to day. Would describe pain as achy. It can even hurt at rest and can hurt throughout the night while trying to sleep. Hurts most when I try bending the knee back, like when the heel of my foot touches my backside. That is very painful. Thanks for your time!
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012