Knee pain, swelling, warmness, difficulty walking, cause?<br>

My husband was kneeling on the floor cleaing it that same night he started complaining about his knee hurting. This morning it is completely swollen, it feels very warm and the pain is killing him... he can barely walk. What can this be?er
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Write your answer here
Hello. Welcome to HCM,
It is presumed that your husband did not have any injury or actually did not hurt his knee. The aftermath that he has developed is just due to prolonged extended pressure. This kind of warmth and swelling is not normal and needs detailed investigation especially pertaining to all coagulation factors and assays. This needs to be done under supervision of an experienced medical practitioner.
take care.