Knee pain, suggested cortozine shots. Any other medication? Arthritis?

I just came from Ortho doctor I had full xrays done What I thought was I needed two knee replacements wtih the pain I have in my knees but I guess it is bad arthritis It was suggested to have cortozine shots which I do not want to have but I am in so much pain Do doctors have a problem giving pain medication in place of cordozone shots I am in so much pain right now I cant even walk I dont know what to do I know my body and pain medication works very well I know it is not a cure it is a band aid but in so much pain isnt that what they make if for > I cant stop my life and with the pain Im in, I cant keep going. I am so unhappy not knowiing what to do and I cry all the time I am in so much pain
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013