Knee pain post fall, twisted knee. On physical therapy. MCL or medial meniscus tear?

Hello I am a 29 yr old female with moderate-to-severe left knee pain(medial & deep below kneecap) on and off for around the past 4 months. For some history, I already had chondromalacia since I was young and have done physical therapy for it which helped for a while. However, I had an acute injury about that long ago-fell off a chair and landed on my left leg, foot planted on floor and knee twisted inward. I had initial pain, minimal swelling , but it got better after a while with moderate flare-ups sporadically until over a week ago. I do not recall doing anything strange bending wise when the severe pain started this time but it gradually got worse with walking until it was unbearable and I could barely limp around. I am afraid it may be a torn MCL or medial meniscus? There is no real swelling but Ice is helping a little but I am still limping around with a very decent amount of pain. I would greatly appreciate your opinion on this, thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012