Knee pain, popping and intense pain on bending. Treatment required?

My knees have beenn hurting for quite a while and what s weird is that when I bend them they crack but it doesn t hurt, it feels good. But know I try not to crack them because whenever I just extend my leg it cracks and now it hurts. Today I woke up and just walkind and slightly bending my knees hurt, is this serious that I need professional help or will it go away afte a while?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
This can be knee arthritis. I would recommend you to get a standing x ray of the knee joint. If there is reduction in joint space then you would need following .
1. Static quadriceps exercises and hot water fomentation
2.tablet Dicerin 50 mg twice daily
3.tablet Brufen daily
4.tablet calcium and Vitamin D daily for 6 months.