Knee pain, no fracture, good spacing between joints, limited range of motion. MRI required. Treatment?

I m 41 began playing basketball after being less than real active. I m 25 lbs heavier than I shoul be which I know is part of the problem. Any both knees ache terribly and when I try to go up or down stairs if hurt a lot! I had exrays taken on both knees and there is no fracture and I still have good spacing between the joints. I have tried to continue basketball once a week. Each time I do it s like I back to square one. I just don t feel I know exactly what s wrong with my knees and will follow up with an MRI . I would like to know why there not healing and why the and why the feel so knotted up limited range of motion without pain
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012