Knee pain, locking in knee cap on standing from kneeling position, difficulty in moving, have been doing gymnastics. What could be the cause?

Hi, I am a 13 year old female who has done gymnastics since i was 8. Over the past few months i have been having this pain in my right knee . Whenever i kneel down or sit on my legs and stand back up, the back of my knee cap feels like the bone has been shifting and it gets locked up and i can t move my knee then if i move my knee a little the bone feels like it has been shifting back and i can freely move my knee again. I have been thinking this is a Locked up knee but i m not 100% sure. It would be great if you could tell me what is wrong. Please help!
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012