Knee pain due to knee injuries, limited mobility, numbness, pain, lump on kneecap

Due to several injuries to my knee, I now suffer severe knee pain , limited mobility, numbness, severe pain when I try to kneel or stand, or walk, or sit for any lenghth of time. Basically any kind of movement or use (especially in cold weather) is very painful. I have had two severe injuries in the last 3 years. The last being more severe than the first. Being that the first injury occured three years ago, and never quite healed properly if at all, this last injury has left an even larger lump on my kneecap and it appears deformed. My Ortho Dr has seen me for both of my injuries and his only suggestion is Physical Therapy .
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012