Knee pain, diagnosed as arthritis. Is it safe to take Cartigen and what should be its dosage?

Hello, I am from Sri Lanka, 41 year old female, I am having a knee pain since one year back ( not a severe pain) recently I informed it to my family doctor and he said im having arthritis and he gave medicines for 20days( I do not know the name of that capsule) Kindly let me know whether it is o.k. to take cartigen tablet as well, if so what is the strength you recommend? my mother was given the same but 1500mg. About one month back I got a shoulder pain after doing my orbitrek, and the pain still remains. kindly reply
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012