Knee pain, bruised. Unable to sit or stand appropriately. Why?

I play volleyball and I had a tournament yesterday. I played about 5 matches and was playing all day. When I got home from the tournament (about 1.5 hrs away) I stepped out of the car and my knee ached. It wasn t something I did while I was in the car because I was just sitting. It must have been something I did while in volleyball. Last night, I saw a bruise on the outer edge of my knee. If you look at the side of a knee there are two parts that stick out on the side. they are roundish. The lower of those two is where the bruise is. It hurts to go up and down stairs, and it hurts to squat. But just standing or sitting with no movement is fine. My family is going skiing this Thursday, and I want to be able to ski. What might be wrong with my knee, and will it heal by Thursday?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013