Knee pain after playing basketball. Protruding lump on knee, hurts to touch. Osgood-Schlatter disease?

two weeks ago i was playing basketball. Everything was normal until suddenly i felt a pain that closely resembled a tendonitis . However a week after i noticed that my knee was still hurting. I touched the part that hurt and what i found was a lumb/ bone like thing popping out of the bone right below the knee. It hurts to kneel down and it also hurts to touch. I ve read online and it said that i might have Osgood-Schlatter disease. I am wondering if that is it and if i can make it go away. Will this affect me in the future in any way?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012