Knee is pooping and painful. X-ray and synovial fluid test came normal. Have fibromyalgia. Reason for pain?

Since writing my first query, I have visited another OS who took x-rays and checked out my knee . He told me that my blood work results looked good, x-rays looked good, and that the knee is fine. He said that he usually tightens the knee more than my surgeon had and that s why the knee is popping, but it s completely normal and assured me that it s ok. He did aspirate my knee again and will do another test on the synovial fluid , but said that the fluid looked fine and he didn t anticipate any infection. He did say that sometimes for reasons unknown the knee produces too much fluid. I may not like the look of it, but it s not anything that will hurt me or the knee. After my visit with this doctor, I feel much better emotionally about the knee. I believe what he told me and now that I know the knee is really ok, I believe that I can go on and do whatever without the worry that I was experiencing before visiting him. Perhaps I was expecting miracles and expecting my knee to be like it was when I was 20! Now I have to find a way to lose the weight that I have gained. I have fibromyalgia and some high blood pressure and arthritis , so often I just don t feel like doing a lot of physical exercise. I take 3 Cymbaltas (30mg each) per day and that bothers me because that medication really affects my thought process and emotional well-being if I ever try to cut back or forget to take it. I don t like taking that much. Anyway, I don t really feel that my health is good enough to just start taking diet pills , so I don t know exactly how to go about losing weight. Just cutting back on what or how much I eat doesn t help. I think possibly my metabolism is not as it should be. I ve been checked for thyroid problem, but there isn t one. So do I find a nutritionist. a weight loss specialist, or dietician? I really need to lose about 50 pounds. I weigh 199 and I m 5 5 tall. Losing the weight would probably help my knee, too. I m 61 years old, too, and that s a bummer. I just want to get to where I can walk as far as I want to walk, bend and do yard work without feeling like I m suffocating, and enjoy each day to its fullest! Advice is appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013