Knee is achy and pains on touch. Had fallen on knee. Remedy?

Towards the end of december, I was riding my bicycle to work since I didnt own a car at that time and work was only a cpl miles away. It had been raining and my bicycle had caught the edge of where the sewer meets the sidewalk and dumped me in the street and I fell pretty hard on my knee hitting either the asphalt or the curb. It was swollen for a few days and bruised on the left side of my right kneecap. I was able to walk fine with no pain, although when Id barely touch my knee, id have some pain. It has now been about 2 1/2 months and im still walking fine with no pain, however, touching my knee still gives me some pain and about a couple of weeks ago, my knee has been achy. Any ideas what it might be?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013