Knee injury, twisted knee. Taken cortisone shot, physical therapy. MRI done, shows cyst. Meniscus tear?

I injured my knee about 16 months ago...I twisted it and it was sore for a couple of days and then fine. However, over the past year it would hurt on and off. I finally went into the doctor at the beginning of May 2012, he ordered an MRI and it should mild arthritis and a synovial cyst, but not meniscus tear. He then referred me to an Orthopedic doctor , that doctor gave me a cortisone shot and physical therapy , it s been over 7 weeks and that shot has already worn off. Is it possible that the MRI missed a meniscus tear?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012