Knee injury, swelling, trauma on thigh. Compressive support bandage applied. Treatment?

Hi, I feel off my bike two days ago and banged my knee and grazed the top of my thigh (just under my bum cheek). Now there is a lot of swelling around the trauma at the top of my thigh but it is just a swollen mass (like retained fluid) and it is only red/purpley in colour a little at the top. I have put a compressive support bandage on and some ice but I m concerned that it won t go down as I previously fell on my bum, got a fatty lump there and it has never gone away. I don t want my thigh/bum to be more lumpy! Is there anything that you can recommend?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
It seems to be a soft tissue injury and hematoma in the area of the injury. To avoid the lump formation in the area, you need to give adequate rest to your leg, avoid weight bearing and keep the leg raised on pillows while resting.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal