Knee injury, swelling, bleeding, large gash above knee cap, ankle numbness. Do I need stitches?

So I hit my knee very hard on a sharp steel window siding and it was swollen immediately but also the bleeding wouldn t stop. After clearing the blood off, I noticed a large gash across the top of my kneecap and a large amount of swelling . I m in severe pain and my ankle is numb. I ve previously injured my kneecap and hope I didn t hurt it more than before. Is there a possibility I need stitches? Or should consult a doctor who can look at it?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012