Knee injury, stretched medial ligament, fracture, awaiting MRI results. Is it safe to travel in a ferry?

hi doctor, basically my other half has injured his knee in a football incident and he has stretched his medial ligament away from the bone causing his bone to fracture , he has had a mri scan and we are going back tomorrow for the results. We have booked a trip to ireland on the ferry tomorrow and was wandering if you think they would let us go still. He has a brace on his leg and has crutches which he has been moving around on. I just want to prepare myself for tomorrow with some expert advise to see if you think he might be okay to travel as it isnt on an aeroplane and is in the car and on a ferry much more comfortable.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012