Knee injury, soreness on head of fibula, protrusion. Wearing knee brace. Treatment?

Hello, About four weeks ago I was playing softball and landing on the base incorrectly. I think I may have sprained my knee . In any case, I took care to RICE and wear a knee brace from time to time. My pain has decreased, but there is still some soreness by the head of my fibula . The fibula, on my left knee, also sticks out about 1/2 more than the other knee. What I am wondering is, should I see a doctor? I m currently without health insurance and won t have it for another month.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012