Knee injury, pink discoloration. X-ray shows nothing is broken. Will plastic surgery prevent scarring?

I fell 9/30/12 on pavement and scraped my knee very badly. The wound has healed but it is still very pink looking. Is it possible I still have debris in the knee from the pavement? I went the emergency room the next day but they didn t even clean it; just x-rayed it and found nothing broken. Can plastic surgery done now keep this from scarring so badly since it s right on the front of my knee and it is about 1 inch long and 1 inch wide.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012