Knee injury, painful, hurts to straighten knee. Do I need a doctor?

I have a concern about my knee .. It is worrying me because I m a dancer..? Well a couple days ago I did a toe touch down to the split but instead of landing on the split I landed on my right knee. I kept dancing with some pain cause It was homecoming week and I didn t wanna let anything get in the way but later on my knee wasn t hurting where I hit it. It was hurting on the outside of my knee. I can walk on it with a little limp, but it hurts to straighten it all the way. Do I need a doctor..? Or should I just rest it? This happened TUESDAY and I still can t straighten it..
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Hi, since u landed up on your knee ,impact on your bone (patella )was quite significant.Hence, it becomes compulsory to take an x ray of the knee to rule out any fracture. If there is no fracture, u don't have to worry too much.Ligament injury in this mode of injury is unlikely.SO OUR DIAGNOSIS ULTIMATELY BOILS DOWN TO ONLY CONTUSION.

1)Complete rest to the knee (Long leg knee brace)
2)cold packs over the knee atleast about 3 times a day.
3)T.hifenac 1-0-1 for about a week

It wil take about 1 week for this to resolve.