Knee injury, pain on squatting, bending, feeling of popping on twisting. Treatment needed?

I fell hard on my knee a few days ago, it didnt hurt much that dsy except for the initial fall of course. Now it hurts really bad especially when squatting down, its excruciating. And it also hurts when I walk, not when my leg is strait but when I pick it up to bend the knee. It feels like its popping to the side like im twisiting my leg when I walk. And when I straiten it, I can place my hand on it and feel it pop. Should I see a doctor or will this go away on its own/
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
You should see your doctor and he should arrange for you to have an xray of your knee. There are many possibilities but it is important to know whether or not you have a fracture in your knee.