Knee injury, pain in the posterior lateral part of his right knee, pain during physical activity

My friend a male, 21 years old has a knee injury since early March this year while playing hockey. He was sandwiched between two players and fell and twisted landing on his knee. The pain is on the posterior lateral part of his right knee. The pain is at its worse when doing squats or does repeated lunges . Physiotherapy has helped particularly when the physiotherapist does belt work with him and tries to unlock it more. The pain can become sharp when pushed past a certain point and then it locks up. There is no radiation or referral associated with it. He would rate the pain to be 5/10. The pain is present only when doing physical activity.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012