Knee injury, gash from metal sheets, tenderness, redness on swimming. Flesh eating bacteria?

Hi my name is XXXXX and i was outside yesterday and i fell on some old metal sheets that were slightly rusted and it sliced a 1/2 inch circle in my knee and the next day i went swimming in a part stagnant pond. Today around the cut it is red and very tender around the area. Do you think i coud have a flesh eating bacetira?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012

Thanks for writing in,

Your symptoms and signs are not good. The wound would have got infected. I would suggest you to rush to the emergency department, get yourself examined by a doctor, have a Xray of your knee done to rule-out any metal fragments in the wound, clean the wound, get an aseptic dressing done and start a course of antibiotics, if infection is suspected.

Get well soon.