Knee injury, feel numbness in toes, knee soreness. Recovery time?

hi, yesterday at the gym i accidentally hurt my knee . I was using the bike and my knee hit the handle, and it hurt really bad, it hurt it right in the bone, so i thought i d be fine by the next morning, but that same day i felt numbness all the ways to my toes, and now, one day later, i feel my knee sore, and numbness all the way to my toes. in how long will i be ready to go back and play soccer, run, etc? and what should i do to recover faster?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012