Knee injury. Limited movement in knee, pain when moving knee suddenly. Cannot stretch knee

Hi 14 weeks ago I went in for a tackle and hit my knee hard! I was unsure what I actually did because it happened so quickly. That day my knee became swollen (not massive but noticeable). Since then I have not played any sport on it what so ever. Last night I decided to give football ago due to me thinking abit of movement might help it. However, I have limited movement in my knee, I cannot strike the ball hard and it is uncomfortable when I run. It feels like my knee is heavy than the other. The pain is abit in the front but mainly round the back of the knee. When I compare both my knees the damaged one looks more inflamed. If I suddenly move my knee I also get a strong shooting pain which is extreme and I have to sit down. I cannot stretch my bad knee as much as my good one, because of the pain. Stretches include pulling my ankle back to my bum or pushing my knee back when standing. I love my sport and can’t wait to get back but with this limited movement I feel I cannot perform!
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012