Knee injured, yellowish spot. Used antiseptic cream, vaseline. What is wrong?

Hello. Yesterday, I fell on the road and got my knee grazed. Ive put some antiseptic cream that morning and covered it up with a cotton pad. I got home that day, washed it off and let it air the whole night. Today I put some gamat oil on it, and covered it up with a cotton pad that Ive put a little vaseline on. The vaseline was just a way so tht whn I remove the wool pad, it wont stick much on the grazed part. I just got back from school tday and removed it. The grazed part has a little wool stuck on it and its yellowish. The area surrounding it is a bit red.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013