Knee hurt, swollen, numb after falling. Reason for swelling, numbness?

I fell 5 days ago, and landed on my left knee . It did not break the skin, but now the area underneath my knee is swollen and numb to touch. Every few minutes it also tingles and actually really hurts for about 30-45 seconds, then it goes away for a few more minutes. I fall alot so initially I wasn t too concerned, but since it is numb to touch and actually painful, I thought something more might have happened? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013