Knee grazed, sore, not healing, oozing blood. Reason for wound taking time to heal?

Hello I badly grazed my knee 6 weeks ago and despite cleaning it and covering it with dressings it remains sore and steadfastly refuses to heal it initially scabbed and this fell off 3 weeks ago leaving a bright tender red patch of skin which continually oozes blood and straw coloured fluids. Im 50 years old and do not normally have problems with healing of wounds although I recognise they take a little longer now Im older. I am not suffering from higher than normal temperature although I do have a sore throat and enlarged glands with general lethargy
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012