Knee cut. Took nurofen. Sore, swollen, numb, tingly. Why am i weaker, colder?

Hi. I fell on my knee last Thursday morning. It was a strong impact but there was no cut. I went to the hospital and had an X-ray and the doctor said it showed blood around the joint and to take nurofen for a week and see how it is then. I only took nurofen twice as it made me feel sick, I have the same reaction from difene so now I m taking nothing. It feels very sore and swollen, quiet numb and tingly surrounding the knee cap and I can t move it or bend it. It s not comfortable in any position. I have not given it any treatment as I don t know what treatment to give it. I have tried rest and elevation but I can t afford to miss work where I m on my feet most if the day and I m due back tomorrow, and I have 2 children. Today it feels like my lower leg is getting swollen and hard and my foot feels weaker and colder than the other. There is not much bruising. What can you suggest I do please?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012