Knee cracking when playing, painful. Swelling. Applied ice. Did I tear ACL or MCL?

Okay, so I played volleyball a few days ago and I was running to get the ball when my knee felt like it buckled and cracked. I fell over in lots of pain. I was unable to walk off the court. I went to the ER and got an x-ray , and the doctor said (guessed) it was an partial MCL tear. Then I went to another doctor today, and he says I either partially tore my ACL or completely tore it. Other Info: When I bend or extend my knee it kills, and makes a cracking noise if I extend it all the way There is a lot of swelling , I have been icing it My knee feels very loose and unstable If I press on my knee it doesn`t heart at all, its only if I bend or extend it What do you think I tore? My ACL or MCL or something else? I really want to know for sure!
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012