Knee cap injured, blisters appeared, fever, swollen leg. Osteo Mellitus?

about a year ago my husband had crushed injury on from below his knee cap and got a very bad infection that put into the hosp. for 5 days there was blisters the size of silver dollar pieces. the other day at work had in his inner thigh, had a low grade fever and extreme swelling in his lower leg where the crushed injury was (the skin has stayed dark thin, num., and very sensitive to tears ) the workmen s comp. doctor thought he might have cellulitis and has been on antibiotics. The swelling has caused his skin to tear. but he also know has small blister. I was told go to the emergency room because may have Osteo Mellitus? what do you think and what is Osteo Mellitus?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012