Knee and thigh area inflamed, swollen, redness, raised creatine kinase level. What can help pain?

In March 2012 I attended a martial arts class. Six days after this, the knee and thigh area on my right leg became inflamed, swelling by 3 inches, as well as displaying a rectangular shaped red bruise on the outside of my thigh. I went to A&E and was told it looked like trauma, blood tests were taken and the results appeared clear, however I had a raised creatine kinase level (which is in line with the healing process). I was told to rest it for 2 weeks (R.I.C.E). I did this and the swelling went down. I began to exercise lightly again and the knee became inflamed, causing me pain along the outside of the knee, and the area directly below the knee cap. I have seen a physiotherapist , had blood tests , an x-ray , and mri. All of which have come back with negative findings. The pain is a constant (beginning at a strain level when standing for too long, and raising to sharp pain if i persist with exercise); I am a very active person I have not been able to exercise properly since March 2012. I am not getting help from my GP, or the Muscular Skeletal department of my local hospital, and I am at my wit s end now. Please could you provide me with some advice? Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013