Knee and shin discomfort in one leg, occasional relief with ibuprofen. Cause?

I started feeling discomfort in my knee appox a moth ago while moving my son into his apt. i thought that it was caused by heavy lifting and carrying up 3 flights of stairsI am also experiencing a little discomfort in my shin as well. it is only in my left leg. I have taken Ibuprofin and some times it works and other times it doesn t If i spend a lot of time on my legs my knee hurts more. There doesn t seem to be any swelling
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
I suppose your post middle age group.
Non-traumatic insidious onset of pain over left knee without swelling could be either bone infection , bone tumor or a soft tissue inflammation in this age group.
I would suggest you to visit a doctor and proceed for further investigations.