Knee and back pain. No tenderness or swelling. What could be wrong?

I am a 56 yr. old female, who weighs 190lbs. I have a job where I am on my feet most of the day. Over the past several months I have been having pain in the back of my right knee and into the back of my calf. I do not have any tenderness or swelling and no pain when I flex my foot. I am extremely flat footed and for that reason I wear good supportive shoes. I have noticed that when I bend my knee, such as when lying down on the couch or in indian style that seems to relieve the pain somewhat. Also I notice that after sitting for a while then getting up and walk the pain is worse again. If I continue to walk my knee cap seems to move about and feels like it is shifting side to side.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013