Kindly help me understand the cause of my sons symptoms

Hi, my son is 8yrs old weighs approxiametly 90lbs. 2 days ago he complained with pain soreness in right leg from hip socket to below knee also he said he felt sharp pains around his entire mid section from belly button down to lower waist(right above genital region). Now within last hour he has ran a fever of 102'. The pains in his midsection are very sharp, and yet cramping pains. Are these symptoms of any medical problem which needs immediate attention?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

hi yes he requires immediate medical attention as this seems like a case of undetected osteomyelitis  so consult a doctor immediately