Kids have mottled skin that appears lacy, reddish despite of temperature. Any ideas?

Two out of four kids of mine have mottled skin. My oldest son,21, and my youngest daughter, 15. My son s skin appears lacy deep reddish... and it regardless of temperature. If he s cold , it takes on a purplish- orangish blotchy mottled color. It didn t seem to bother him. Our family doctor dismissed it. It bothers my daughter. She wants to know why her upper arms look like she s mottled with cold. Always blotches. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012