Kidney stones surgery done, no stone removed, hit a nerve while injecting anesthesia, unable to feel leg. How can movement be brought back in legs?

Hello, I have a question regarding Kidney stones . my father in law had kidney stone surgery on thursday and the doctor told us all was fine. Turns out that they didn t remove the stone and that they hit a nerve when injecting the anesthia and now he can t feel his leg still after 2 days. Is this normal and what can be done to get movement back in his leg?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012