Kidney patient with malignant lump in the breast. Will surgery affect the kidney?

Sir, My mother has been diagnosed with malignant lump in rt breast & she is Kidney patient also. we have got the information, that going for operation will have an impact on Kidney (currently its functioning at 50% of its capacity). She was treated in CMC vellore for this treatment 6 months back. Can you please advice on the best approach that should be adopted here so that she can recover from this situation. we planned to visit Tata Medical Centre, Kolkatta to get the specialist cancer treatment, but after getting the information regarding the complications of surgery with respect to the functioning of the Kidney, we are re-looking into the options we have here.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013