Kidney donor. What precautions can cleanse and make kidney healthy for donation? Calcium build normal?

I am getting ready to be a living kidney donor for a friend of mine. I am a vegetarian who eats very little salt and drinks about 1 to 2 gallons of water a day. Is there anything else I can do to cleanse my kidneys. I would like them to be as healthy as possible prior to the surgery. We have already been genetically matched, and I am getting the paperwork for the urinalysis . They did find two tiny spots on my kidney so they would like to do a 3 day urinalysis, sending one to Chicago. We do not think the sports are stones or cancer , just calcium build up. Anything you can tell me to get my kidneys in the best health would be greatly appreciated. Thank You, TEG
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012